The ease of launching an e-commerce website has made it possible for marketers to capitalise their online sales. Due to this, the number of e-commerce sites in the world is growing bigger every day and so are the competitors in each marketing domain. The secret to success is no longer just putting up a detailed product description and wait to see how many customers add them into their shopping carts. The game has advanced, with e-retailers becoming more strategic and targeted in their marketing efforts.
So what can you do to improve your website’s success? One of the most effective steps you can take is excelling in your content marketing strategy. If done right, you can have an outstanding e-commerce website and gain relevant organic traffic. Do you know why? Because CONTENT IS THE KING!
Many e-commerce marketers limit their content marketing plans by categorising the products and providing a product description to their listings. This is where they fall short in their advertising efforts. To pave your way out of the crowd, you will have to do more.
Here are the best content marketing strategies which can help e-commerce websites drive more traffic and increase their online sales:
1. Identify your Customers
The first step in planning a successful content marketing strategy is to know your audience, those whom you are offering your products or services to.
Know their preferences, their requirements and what do they look for in an online shopping website? Categorise your consumer base according to their needs. For instance, if you have an apparel e-commerce website, segment your audience according to their age and clothing choices.
Besides this, observe the patterns of their social media interaction. Know which particular networking website your prospective audience is using the most. This will help you reach out to them and will better your chances to generate more leads from a social media website.
Last but not the least! Always keep in mind that you will not be the only one striving to gather their attention. Your competitors may be present on these platforms prior to your decision of going socially active on such websites. So make sure, you have a unique strategy for approaching your prospective customers. Analyse your content carefully by creating it attractive to the perceivers.
2. Be Versatile with your Content
You may have modified your product descriptions multiple times so as to make it more compelling or have written a considerable number of blog posts on the same offerings and yet haven’t seen a great increase in the sales from your website. It is because your advertising game requires versatile content that can easily be read, seen or watched by online shoppers.
Let’s have a look at 4 major elements you can add into your content marketing plans:
- Videos: Add them and you will observe a huge improvement in your online credibility. The reason behind this is, people tend to trust more on the sites that use videos for product’s description or promotions. Users get to see the actual the working or unboxing of a product even before they decide to buy one for themselves.
- Infographics: Including pictures, graphs, tables through visual representation makes your website look more engaging and reliable than those without any infographics.
- Product Reviews: Feature the best and most useful reviews you get from your existing customers as it will help in earning the trust of your prospective clients. You can also approach influential bloggers by sending them free samples to review your products. This can get you relevant organic traffic from their followers and subscribers.
- Unique Product Description: If you rely on the same product description given by your supplier, you are missing out a great deal to improve your website’s ranking on Search Engines. The chances are, probably your competitors are using the same set of details as you are. You can avoid such a common mistake by rewriting them, or if not all, modify those who tend to create more sales than others. Find out trending and popular products on your website, and then modulate their details to offer more value to your buyers.
3. Optimize content for each Social Media Site
You can design your content in ways best suited for a particular social website. You could use videos, images and text for Facebook.
While advertising on YouTube, create video advertisements to communicate with your audience.
Use images for Instagram and Pinterest to generate new leads for your website. One of the most effective tools these days is including trending and business-specific Hashtags to create more impressions and improve a brand’s visibility on social sites.
Don’t just use the same sort of content for all online platforms as users content consumptions vary on different social media websites.
4. On page Optimization is important
If content creation is crucial for you website so is its optimization on the web. You can make it crawl up the search engine ranks by incorporating the basic On Page Optimization which includes a catchy title, Meta description, important keywords, header and image tags. Make sure they are at the right places in your content.
5. Be updated with Trends
Knowing what is trending in the market and how your competitors are utilising it for their product promotions is very important for your business. Keep your content strategy ready for a change in the market. Do not succumb to just one form of publicizing your website.
Nowadays, marketers focus on their promotional strategies which can be adjusted with changing trends in advertising domains. Ensure you are the first one to connect your prospective customers with new products by knowing about a trend before your competitors do.
6. Create Marketable Content for your website
Advertising your business should be the major concern of your content marketing strategy. You can promote your website through blogs which talk about new products, answers FAQs related to your products and services. Blog posts are a great tool to attract customer engagement with your website. You could publicize your website through social media quizzes, contests and posts, newsletters and SEO optimised keywords in your blog posts, Images and videos related to product promotions and so on.
Create attractive and engaging content that can market your products to the audience. This way you can make your website more discoverable to the organic traffic and elevate your online sales.
Hope you find this blog post useful for e-commerce website content marketing. We love to have your valuable feedback in the comment section below!